Like I mentioned here, we shared our dreams in Mexico. I had spent that morning sitting on the beach, listening to the rhythm of the waves crashing in and exhaling out. It was my music as I sat soaking in the vision we have for our life. The bottom line is that only God knows what will actually transpire, but here are some of the special desires of our hearts as a couple (and a few individual ones of mine!)
– We both want to move abroad and serve God wherever he calls us. When we lived in Nepal, it felt so right, so ordained, and as thus our lives burst with meaning. It was not easy or glamorous, but it was good. Kevin has a special heart for Indonesia (where he used to live and coach basketball at a university there), so we are praying into this dream of possibly going back there. Or to Nepal…our hearts ache to go back and visit the girls we worked with. We’ll see:)
– I want to finish my MFT program and get licensed (MFT stands for Marriage and Family Therapy…I am basically becoming a counselor). It’s a long road, especially as I’m just in the beginning stages now. But my dream is to walk alongside and love people who need a listening ear. I especially have a heart for missionaries, so we’ll see where God takes us!
– Kevin and I so desire an open home, where everyone is welcome. No matter where we live, I want a home that anyone can walk into at anytime and feel loved and welcome. When we lived in the neighborhood, we tasted such joy of living in community, kids wandering into our house every day. I desire my home to be a sanctuary of peace and joy. Right now we are living with Kev’s parents, which is a huge blessing (as I finish grad school!), and we are feeling the love and welcome by them. I want to reproduce that!
– And like many of you, I want to be a mama. I don’t know when that will be or the circumstances, but I pray that one day I will hold my babies in my arms and love them fiercely. And, I must say, I cannot wait to see Keivn as a father…he will be the best, I know it:)
– I also secretly want to move to Europe for a year. I’ve done a lot of traveling there, and lived in Italy during college, but I hope one day the Lord will give us a year (or more!) to soak in a special culture’s life. I envision living in the Alps, but then Kevin reminds me I hate the cold, so maybe i’ll settle for just vacationing in them while we are there:) We’ll see where he takes us:)